We had countless conversations with companies from all across the globe, and our vision for the industry and reason for being was confirmed, many times over.
Here’s what we heard:
- Open materials are critical
- Education is needed
- Cost per part has been too high
- Delivery of consistent, industrial-quality parts is necessary, and hard to find
- Customer input needs to be valued
- Engineers love jello shots!
While rapid prototyping will likely continue to be the entry point to 3D printing, the appetite for incorporating industrial 3D printing into traditional manufacturing processes is increasing. In other words, Additive Manufacturing is real, and it’s here to stay.
If you came to visit us, thank you! We look forward to seeing everyone again next year.